Monday, March 30, 2009

go on encouraging

How does encouragement work, this powerful choice
to impart hope and faith to one another?
In some cultures encouragement is such a rare commodity
that when it happens people don’t know how to relate to it.
One day a person asked me to stop encouraging her.
She said that every time somebody encourages her she feels
like a failure. “Isn’t that a clear sign that I have failed, when
people feel that they have to encourage me?”
I refused to stop.
The moment I stop encouraging I start loosing my faith.
Genuine encouragement works wonders.
Words, attitudes, attention have power to restore faith and
bring people back to follow Jesus again.
A tap on the shoulder can sometimes do ten times more
than a long academic lecture about the call of God.
Satan knows the power of encouragement.
He has established a vast support system for people to
be encouraged to rebel against God. His encouragement
is based on lies. “It doesn’t matter. Everyone does it...”
The lasting encouragement comes from those things that
God has said. Opinions and ideas will pass away, but
truth will triumph throughout eternity.
Don’t let anything nor anyone discourage you today.
Get out with His words.
“No man ever spoke like this man!” John 7:46
“They marveled at the gracious words that proceeded
out of his mouth...”Luke 4:22
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by
no means pass away.” Matthew 24:35
His words are full of hope.
They have power to pull people out of fire.

No comments: