Tuesday, April 24, 2007

He did it His way

How much does man need to know in order to be saved?
Does he need to be introduced to all the cardinal doctrines
of Christian faith? How much does he need to believe in
each of them?
These harmless sounding questions are actually pivotal
for our faith.
It’s clear that in order to be a part of a certain denomination,
you have to share the same beliefs. However, most of us would
agree that the name Christian is a bigger designation. It goes
beyond denominational borders and, doctrines.
Isn’t man saved by grace after all and not by his ability to
define his faith?
Salvation is always the work of God.
“It pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached
to save those who BELIEVE.” I Cor.1:21
Saving faith means trusting faith.
I cannot come to God on my own conditions, with my own list
of doctrines. I either trust him or I don’t.
At the moment of salvation my doctrinal background and vocabulary
might be very minimal and almost non existing.
Jesus called his disciples without long conversations.
He just said,” come and follow me.”
Later on they learned more. The more they walked with him, the more
they trusted him. I’m sure they were many times surprised and
challenged. Each time they had to make a decision to trust the words
of Jesus.
Doctrine is not a secondary issue.
It’s the foundation of our faith. Eph.4:14
At the moment of salvation we are given everything.
It takes a life-time to find out what is ours.
Doctrine simply means the sum of the definition and the application
of our faith. John 13: 17
When God saves us he will do it his way, not respecting our
counsel or opinion in this matter. He knows what he is doing.

No comments: