Saturday, May 5, 2007

why?

Often we would like to ask God , why certain things happened
and other things didn’t. Most probably we are not prepared to
understand the answer. He himself is the reason. His ways, that
are so much higher than ours, all lead to him. I Cor.15:28
Most probably his answer will just encourage us to trust him,
even without understanding the details of his work.
When Jesus had washed the disciples’ feet he told them frankly that
they don’t understand it. John 13
He promised that later they would understand.
Maybe they started understanding it right after the day of Pentecost
when people all the sudden started caring for one another.
Maybe, when the first big questions had to be resolved, the Jews and
the Gentiles, slaves, women, rich, poor.
Maybe they remembered it when the first persecutions started against
the church in Jerusalem. Maybe the Holy Spirit reminded them of this
selfless attitude towards one another, when the church started to grow
and become popular and new leaders had to be chosen to continue the work.
I think that as believers grow in their faith they ask God less and less
questions. We understand that the most important thing in our faith
is not what we do nor how we do it, but why we do it.
This is an important question to us.
Why do I worship him?
If I can say that I worship him because I love him, I’m a winner.
Adam, why don’t you eat from that tree?
God told me not to eat.
Has God really said?
Yes, he has and he continues to speak.

No comments: