Friday, June 15, 2007

don't quit!

I would love to write something about Ruth Graham, who went
home to be with the Lord yesterday. Her husband, Billy Graham, is
probably the most influential evangelist of our time.
I know very little about her, but it’s clear that God called her to a very
unusual life. I’m sure she had a lot of moments when she was tempted
to quit. She didn’t. She had chosen to continue in the footsteps of the
Lord, ministering to others, even to her own hurt. I’m sure she was familiar
with a lot of hurts. She was faithful. I Cor.4:2
I think that the opposite of quitting is faithfulness.
People quit from their faith, their marriage, their church, their call.
I’d like to mention some of the most common reasons for quitting.
1. failure, own or others’
2. unbelief, it’s very easy to loose your faith in the faithless world
3. spiritual conflict, many choose not to continue in it
4. burn-out, when people run out of their personal resources
5. personality clashes, known to be the number one reason for missionaries
6. circumstances, yes, they are challenging
7. disappointments, unfulfilled expectations
I’m sorry to say , but the list could go on and on.
“Don’t quit!” is an excellent message for all of us to remember.
Sometimes it's the only message we need to remember.

No comments: