Sunday, June 24, 2007

not despising His call

Pastor Schaller spoke tonight from Hebrews 12:15-16
Esau despised that what God had given him and ended up selling
his birth right for a bowl of soup.
In II Sam.6:16 David’s wife, the daughter of Saul, despised David
who was rejoicing in the plan of God.
Despising is connected with escaping.
Jonah despised the call of God and ran away from God’s call.
If I don’t understand the value of his gift to me, I will despise
those who have been given grace.
I will even go so far that I will despise God, who has chosen
to give grace to people.
Is.30:15-18
People despised the plan of God and rejected his ways of
doing things. They wanted to move faster than God and rejected
his provision of grace.
God answered by promising to wait
until they would come to the end of their own ways and be
prepared to receive from him.
This is so comforting to know.
Even if I go away and do my own things, God is waiting for me
to be gracious to me.
He knows that he has created our souls to be satisfied by him alone.

No comments: