Monday, September 10, 2007

being prepared

Sensations are often more attractive than the information
of the necessities of life. They draw people’s attention and
keep them occupied as long as the emotional stimulation is
there. Catastrophes, accidents, murders, crazy and perverted maniacs,
famous people’s mundane failures are the best-sellers of our age.
More important information , such as our eternal destiny, is often
pushed to the background in order for the daily sensations to fit in.
The death of a famous person draws tens of thousands of people to
his funeral. In reality they all are equal in this matter and will be
facing eternity probably in less than fifty years from now.
What is more important, the memory of this one “famous” person and
his achievements in time or the life-saving information of the preparation
for the future for the ten thousand?
We don’t know how many of those who died in the Twin Towers
terror act were prepared for eternity, but we know that all of us
in the same way will face that kind of moment one day.
Death sometimes sends a warning signal, but sometimes it comes
like a thief in the night.
A man who survived from the burning towers said in an interview,
that he now values life differently. I wish he would have said, that
he now thinks more of eternity.
Life is but a vapor at it’s best state. Psalm 39:5
“Lord, make me to know my end,
and what is the measure of my days,
that I may know how frail I am.” Psalm 39:4
“ I know that my Redeemer lives, and he shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
that in my flesh I shall see God.” Job 19:25

No comments: