Wednesday, September 19, 2007

every word means something

Yesterday, right after I had finished writing the devotional, I started
to look for my passport. I couldn’t find it.
Today I was scheduled to travel to Lviv in Ukraine.
No passport, no travel.
After turning the house up-side down a couple of times, after going
through all my daily routes and all my pockets I finally remembered
my devotional. Using words is such a great responsibility.
Every word actually means something and will sooner or later be put
to the test of the reality.
I needed a miracle , but as soon as I understood it, I found myself
with a lot of explanations of how I could manage this situation even if
God chose not to show any supernatural interference. And I did, indeed
and I’m not traveling today.
I heard someone say today that we live in a world of self-justification.
It is so strange for the fallen nature to fully trust in God’s complete
forgiveness. To need the love of God seems such a failure, to need
forgiveness even more so.
I think that one of the greatest surprises for us in eternity will be to see
the unlimited opportunities of grace that we had on the earth.
Why should failures, weaknesses, unbelief, inconsistency, bad reputation,
mistakes, people, situations, bad decisions in the past or any other bad
thing stop us from receiving God’s love that ultimately is the only thing
that can victoriously take us through our earthly life anyways?
“I’m persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities
nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth,
nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love
of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Rom.8:38-39

No comments: