Sunday, September 16, 2007

wars in our hearts, James 4:1

Man has become so skilled in killing one another, that all other
sciences seem like a waste of time.
The best minds of the humanity are dedicated to develop
even faster ways to kill a fellow-man who for various,
very complicated, reasons ended up becoming an enemy.
Why does man have so many enemies?
The more I see killing in the news, the more pacifistic
I become in my thinking.
The craziness of all sorts of senseless killing with long
political explanations makes it even more painful.
What has happened to us?
An old song says it well,” This war has lasted so long,
the war against God.”
Jesus said,” Whatever you have done to one of the least of these,
you have done to me.” Mt.25:40
The modern technology might make all the killing cleaner and less
personal, but it cannot convince me that this is one of God’s methods
to deal with the mankind.
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more
abundantly.” John 10:10

No comments: