Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the family of God

“Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ,
if any comfort of love,
if any fellowship of the Spirit,
if any affection and mercy,
fulfill my joy by being likeminded,
having the same love,
being of one accord,
of one mind.” Phil.2:1-2
Spiritual unity is not in our power to produce.
It goes beyond our subjective minds and experiences.
However, we practice it by discerning it.
God has only one church on the earth.
If I know and honor even the basic doctrines concerning the Body
of Christ, I become a team player together with all the born-again
believers in the world.
I will not accept an evil report about other believers or their churches.
I will not attack the family of God by spreading around the scandals
of their failures. I will not rejoice in other believers’ failures.
Instead I should make a greater effort” to do good to all,
especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Gal.6:10
The worst type of sectarianism is a self-righteous group of
believers who make a big noise of the speck they found in their
brother’s eye, while their own eyes and ears are stuffed with
huge planks.
Let’s learn to rejoice in other believers’ victories and pray that
we, too, could help the family of God to be encouraged today.

No comments: