Friday, December 7, 2007

the bigger picture

Our greatest victories and blessings are not always waiting
for us after one single decision.
Often they are hundreds of decisions away.
I was encouraged to read about Peter’s series of decisions in Acts 10.
One detail after another finally led him to the house of Cornelius
who also at his end had followed the call of God in details.
I love to think about the plan of God working simultaneously
for zillions of people. We learn to obey him in the details of
our lives and He fits us into His picture.
On my way to Finland I met over one hundred Pilgrims from
Kazakstan who were about to board their plane to Medina.
As I looked at them I knew that God had given another opportunity
to connect with someone who feared God but didn’t know
God the Savior.
I started casually talking with one of the men, Borzhan.
When he heard that I’m a pastor he got extremely interested in
my message. I shared with him about my Savior who has taken
away all my fears and given me an assurance of salvation.
He was so hungry and thirsty for righteousness.
When it was time for them to go to their gate his friend had to
convince him several times that it’s time to leave.
God had answered my prayer.
Please, pray for this man as he is going to be emotionally
very encouraged by his fellow-pilgrims from all over the world.
The conviction of the Holy Spirit can bring him to a personal
relationship with Christ. That miracle is but one decision away.

No comments: