Wednesday, January 16, 2008

be prepared

“Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial
which is to try you,
as though some strange thing happened to you.” I Pet.4:12
A few things surprise us in the world.
The Word of God is full of useful information for us about
the psychology of man and about the affairs of this world.
Proverbs 16:1 reminds us of our responsibility to prepare our
hearts. There are very little surprises for a prepared heart.
I remember Pastor Schaller speaking to a group of men who
were preparing for the pastoral ordination.
“ Don’t just prepare messages, learn to live a prepared life.”
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matt.6:21
Attacks will not come as a surprise for a prepared heart.
Judas was prepared to betray Jesus.
Unfortunatelly he was not prepared in faith, but in unbelief.
He was just waiting for the appropriate time. If he didn’t have
that preparation in his heart, that time would have never come.
“Making a provision for the flesh” in Romans 13:14 speaks
about planning beforehand. If I am ready for unbelief and
sin in my heart, the time will surely come.
My failure starts in my heart.
Long time before sin actually takes over in a persons
life, all mechanism for it has been built in his heart.
“ My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast (prepared);
I will sing and give praise…
I will awaken the dawn.” Psalm 57:7-8
Before the day dawns I want to prepare my heart.
Isn’t this what victorious Christian living is all about,
being a couple of steps faster than our enemies?

No comments: