Saturday, January 12, 2008

message from Pastor Elshan

Dear friends, brothers and sisters,

Probably some of you haven't expected to hear from us so fast, but many of you know that January 4, 2008 God opened widely the gates of heaven for my father, Oktay Abdullayev who was killed in a car accident on the way home. Erika and I have come back to Azerbaijan to comfort my mom, brother, sister, relatives, friends and spent about 2 weeks with them and our Baku church.

My father wasn't a hero, he was a simple man who knew our Hero personally. But I was privileged to have him as father and friend. He had an amazing portion in my life! There are lots of memories... Oktay is in the best place now, his soul and spirit are singing new song to King of kings, dancing in His presence, full of perfect joy and divine meaning.

My father had let God to use his life to change life of manies in Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Turkey. I believe that God still can use Oktay's earthly life to bring difference in life of others. We would like to collect video films (from weddings, parties, conferences, mission trips...), pictures, testimonies relating to Oktay and make a memorial (testimonial) film about his Christian life (1995/2008) out of it.

Please, if you have some of theses resources (if you are able to make a copy), could you mail it to us to Baltimore! If you are in Baku, you might give us it here till January 26, 2008. That would be great blessing for us and my relatives, and I believe for many other people! Our address in USA: Baltimore MD, 2813 Hamilton Ave., 21214, for Elshan Abdullayev.

Thank you for your encourging and comforting words, prayers and support! Thank you for loving us!

May God bless you in your ministry to others! We are so thankful to all missionaries who have brought Good News to the lost in Azerbaijan. Because of Missions we've got to know the truth and the truth has set us free!

In His hands, ee

No comments: