Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am not I

We would love to say, “What a wretched man I was.”
That would be powerful.
It would be so victorious to go around sharing our
testimony and see people admire us and become as
amazing as we are.
Paul knew what he was talking about when he said,
“What a wretched man I am!” Rom.7:24
We all know what he is talking about.
Something that we used to call “I” will remain wretched
till the end of our earthly life.
This is our testimony.
It’s a testimony of grace.
Believers are not just very rarely sinning, but they
continue to have the fallen sin nature with them.
They live by faith, faith in God’s forgiveness and grace.
Faith in that what the Word of God says about our
fallen nature.
“Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who
do it, but sin that dwells in me.” Rom.7:20
“I have been crucified with Christ;
It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me
and gave Himself for me.” Gal.2:20
Praise God that I’m not the I that I used to be.
I’m a new I as the result of God’s saving grace.
The days of my old I are counted.
The new I is eternal.

No comments: