Thursday, March 27, 2008

easy ways

I didn’t even know that my name was so well-known
in Burkina Faso and Nigeria until I opened my first
e-mail account. Now I get daily letters from these amazing
people who chose me, out of the zillions of other people
around the world, to receive the inheritance of 500 million dollars
or so from the accounts of their deceased relative.
It’s so very encouraging
to receive daily inquiries to identify myself and
help to use this vast amount of leftover money.
Many of the letters start,” This might come as a surprise
to you…” To say the least, of course it is a surprise that
my secret dream finally could be fulfilled.
This kind of aggressive mailing is just one example of the
arrogant marketing where people’s deepest needs
are manipulated to deceive them into fast and,
often so irrational, decisions.
Almost everyone wants to get easy money. Almost
everyone wants to feel special and qualified.
Who doesn’t get tired of hard and slow work?
The world offers easy ways out.
Satan deceives people into quick solutions.
God’s plan doesn’t always look like the fastest or the easiest,
but it always leads us to permanent solutions.
You cannot just continue wiping all the problems under
the carpet. Sooner or later you have to face the ceiling.
“Bread gained by deceit is sweet to man,
but afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.”
Pr.20:17

No comments: