Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Open Hearts, Open Doors

Pastor Schaller’s opening message last night was so encouraging.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Open Hearts, Open Doors”.
This happened to Lydia in Acts 16:14.
One day this happened to me, the Lord opened my heart.
This has happened with everybody who was ever used by God,
Abraham, Moses, you and me…
When God opens our heart, we start to see things that we never
saw before.
People look for the value in self help books, but God has something
so much greater for us.
“Hey, Peter, I would like to give you a self help book.
Sorry, but I’m walking on the water right now…”
Sometimes we are too smart, too skillful, too independent to
need God. We are filled with our own ways. We might even
oppose God like the Pharaoh did saying, “Who is the Lord,
that I should obey him?”
Peter said to Ananias and Sapphira, “Why has Satan filled your
hearts?”
This danger brings a godly fear into our hearts.
If we don’t hear from heaven, we will hear from somewhere else.
If God will not fill ( meaning there is no room for something else)
our hearts, other “important” things will steal His place without
any effort from us.

No comments: