Tuesday, June 17, 2008

see His glory !

“Neither the one who plants, nor the one who waters, is anything,
but God who gives the increase.” I Cor.3:7
These words were ringing in my head as I worshipped our loving
Savior together with all the friends who had come to honor
Pastor Stevens’ ministry in the face to face service in Baltimore.
This all came from nothing.
God loves doing things this way.
He calls the things that are not as if they were. Rom.4:17
If it doesn’t come from nothing, it is nothing.
God has always used people who are unknown, unable and
weak. These human limitations are not a problem for him.
After all, is the air that we all so naturally breath, a human invention?
It is He, who keeps this vapor together walking on two feet,
thinking with brains made of dust.
All leaders in the Bible had this in common.
They were ordinary men whose dust didn’t stop them.
They were available. They saw the glory of God beyond
the failures of man.
Somebody from Uzbekistan wrote me a letter after the memorial
service. He said,” I understood that if Pastor Stevens didn’t train
pastors to train pastors, I would still be on my way to hell.”
Heaven in our hearts is the gift of God that will never pass away.

No comments: