Monday, January 12, 2009

powerful prayer

It’s a powerful prayer. Among all the endless lists of needs
and wishes this prayer seems so different.
“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23-24
King David is not asking for more power, things nor
the head of his enemies. He is actually asking for a better
relationship with the Lord.
He is asking for more convictions.
General, commonly accepted faith doesn’t satisfy him.
Isn’t this what Paul says in Ephesians 5:15
about ”walking circumspectly”?
He encourages believers to be even more exact in following.
It is a desire to keep one’s communion with the Lord uninterrupted.
Even the slightest issue of disagreement with God
hurts our relationship with him and hinders our ministry.
This is not legalism. This is living Christianity.
Are you looking for a change in your uninspiring life?
Ask him to search you and following becomes interesting.

No comments: