Monday, February 16, 2009

more than a superman

We cannot command God to speak.
We cannot force him to do something.
We cannot manipulate him to change circumstances.
Yet, God has chosen to listen to us.
Our prayers matter to him
and influence his work on the earth.
This is one of the greatest mysteries of our faith.
“Ask and it shall be given unto you.” Matthew 7:7
“Your heavenly father knows what you need before
you ask him...” Matthew 6:8
I refuse to believe that the creation of the human race is
just an experiment for God. God loves the world.
Even though he doesn’t change he is the most dynamic
force in the world. The word “dynamic” sounds
so limited and boring when you try to describe
the character of God with it.
I don’t think that we can give any new ideas to God.
He will not be impressed by our opinions.
Yet, he experiences something unique with you and me,
something that doesn’t exist in his relationship
within the Trinity.
A couple of years ago when I visited my brother’s family
I saw that his children had not had any teaching about
the matters of faith.
Before I left I told them, ”Let’s pray before I go.”
Their eyes got big like plates as they sighed,
“You know how to pray?”
Yes, in that moment I understood how unique it is
to know about prayer.
In their eyes I was a new hero a little bit lower than
the superman.
In God’s eyes I continued being an interesting partner
and a friend.

No comments: