Friday, March 6, 2009

The Incomparable One

Whatever God does, he does it well.
He is absolutely truthful in everything,
yet very flexible in his dealings with us.
He didn’t “almost” save us.
He doesn’t “sometimes” help us.
He will not one day “almost” come back.
Authoritarian leadership is a misrepresentation of
God’s character because it gives only half-truths
about Him. Grace and truth is an unbeatable combination.
Yet God has no problems letting everyone know that
He is the only God around here.
The more I think about his perfection and his extreme
interest and care for the mankind, the more motivated I
am to know him.
Yes, “I could search for all eternity long and find,
there’s none like him.”
We all are learning to compare ourselves to God
and not to compare God to ourselves.
“I am God and there is no other;
I am God and there is none like me.” Isaiah 46:9

No comments: