Monday, September 27, 2010

He answers with thoughts

God gives us thoughts. If we miss his thoughts we end up with just a ritualistic faith.
God’s thoughts are eternal, therefore they are the only lasting nourishment for
our faith. In prayer we learn to seek for his thoughts instead of asking for things.
God answers our prayers with thoughts.
Yes, he does sometimes change circumstances and people for our sake, but when it
comes to our preparation for heaven, he gives us thoughts.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9
They are higher, not in a sense that they are unreachable, but in the meaning that they
take us further. They cover a far greater sphere of life than the visible world .
Our own thoughts stir up the dust and have a tendency to get stuck in the immediate.
God’s thoughts help us to see to the future, behind the curtain of time.
Jesus rebuked Peter for not thinking with God. Matthew 16:23
Paul gives his testimony of the thinking revolution in his life in I Cor.13:11
“When I was a child , I spoke as a child , I understood as a child, I thought as a child;
but when I became a man , I put away childish things.”
Thinking with God is the greatest adventure and satisfaction of our lives.

No comments: