Wednesday, February 18, 2009

it's the cross

I do agree about how difficult it seems to be for churches to utilize people with special skills and talents. There are so many opportunities for the gospel ...
On the other hand the same people also may experience an 'extra' measure of working in of the cross of Christ into their lives. It's not that uncommon at all that God let's my amazing capabilities stay unused so that Christ would have pre-eminence in my life.
Each one's calling is so different and the practical outworking of a calling is in a flux. Faith is the criterion that defines whether my vocation, spiritual or secular, glorifies God. My conviction for following Jesus by faith will be tested as I inevitably will get questioned or commended either by my own conscience or by other believers. But only faith pleases God.
My preference or degree of my talents and smarts being utilized are not enough to constitute a basis for vocational choices. It has to be worked through the cross and realized by faith.

P.Arto Nousiainen

No comments: