Thursday, February 19, 2009

it's the heart

Just as a respond to your recent devotional about Smartness. I loved what you've said there. That is interesting to think about and it stirred me up to think about the beginnings of a Christian life. We have started with faith, with faith we should continue, with faith we will finish. And actually it is not about us, but Him who is author and finisher of the faith, Jesus Christ. Every believer has the mind of Christ, the question is "do I use it daily in my life or not?" If I do, then intellectual challenge in the church is not a big deal for me? I live by every Word of God that I am taught by the Spirit of God and the Grace of God. Adam was enough smart before his fall, and he wasn't a sinner at all, but then he became "too smart", left the faith life and became "stupid" spiritually talking. I mean we all know this story, but what I want to say is there is a place for everybody in the church, and smart people most welcomed there. I totally agree with you Pastor that God wants to use these kind of people's potential for His Kingdom and Glory in many ways. Yes, pastors can be insecure, young in their experience, soft, make mistake, even sin and "too smart" people leave the churches that are lead by those kind of leaders. But agree with me that, pastors can be also very secure, well experienced, firm, look spotless and sinless and still "too smart" people leave the church. The issue here I believe is HEART where faith happens, and God is faithful to communicate His Word to those how are meek and His grace to humble ones. Heart, The Word, Grace, Faith, Meekness, Humility, Holy Spirit, Love of God, Mind Of Christ, The Church of Christ. These are the amazing words to meditate about for enough smart people.

P.Elshan Abdullayev

No comments: